Can I Go Out on the Land During Containment?

The NWT Office of the Chief Public Health Officer (OCPHO) is advising those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 to please stay close to community centres while isolating. This is for accessing healthcare services if required.

The OCPHO encourages responsible on the land self-isolation or self-monitoring and supports doing so in a healthy environment.

If you would like to go out on the land with a family member who is not in your household- please contact a Public Health Officer to do so. Please rest assured that anyone associated with the Town and Council have followed this procedure.

For more information please call 867-587-3700 or email