ATV By Law Summary
- On February 16, 2021, Council passed two readings of the ATV By Law.
- ATVs are subject to the same ‘rules of the road’ as cars, including speed limits and stop signs.
- Only persons holding a valid driver’s license or Town issued ATV Operator’s Permit may operate an ATV within the Town.
- A CSA approved helmet is required to be worn at all times (elders/trappers exempt) within the Town.
- The RCMP will be purchasing and donating some helmets to the community.
- The stores in Town have been given notice of this by law and are happy to be bringing in CSA approved helmets for purchase.
- The number one goal of the ATV By Law is education and safety.
Please see attached:
Draft ATV By Law #21-03
The document is also available for consultation at https://normanwells.com/town-by-laws/
To request a hard or electronic copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Input shall be submitted in the following ways: