Citizen involvement in local government is an essential part of the democratic process and Council welcomes and invites resident input.
A delegation is the formal name for an individual or group who appear before Town Council (or an Advisory Committee of Council) to:
- make a presentation on a matter that is of broad interest and that falls within the jurisdiction of the Town
- initiate interest and guidance to a solution for an item of public concern
- bring Council up to date on a project, idea, or concept
Requests need to be in writing. You may submit your request in one of three ways:
- Fill out a delegation form here.
- Email the town clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send in your written request to our mailing address: PO Box 5, Norman Wells, NT, X0E 0V0
No delegation will be heard by Council if the purpose of the delegation is to:
- to address an issue that is before the courts or for which Council had authorized legal action, or which legal action is pending;
- if its purpose is to deal with a matter that is outside the jurisdiction or legal authority of the Town.
Requests for delegations must be submitted to the Town Clerk (email@example.com) no later than the Thursday prior to the preferred meeting by 5:00PM. Delegates must state the reason for the request to speak.
Members of the public are invited to attend all council meetings. Meetings are available in person and through Microsoft Teams. Members of the public are not permitted to speak during meetings. Council may, at their discretion, accept or refuse a last minute delegation.
For more information please call 867-587-3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org